Overview: A Chain Block is also known as a hand chain hoist, it is a mechanism used to lift and lower heavy loads using a chain. At the point when the chain is pulled, it twists around the wheels and begins to lift the thing that is connected to the rope or chain through a hook. Chain Blocks can also be attached to lifting slings or chain bags to lift the load more evenly.
Usage of chain block
Chain blocks are designed for heavy duty lifting and material handling operations. Since they can be operated by one individual, Chain Blocks are a magnificently effective approach to complete jobs which may have taken more than two workers to do. Chain Blocks are also used on construction sites where they can lift loads from the higher levels, in assembly line factories to lift products to and from the belt and sometimes even to winch cars from a slippery terrain. These blocks come in a different variety making them suitable for a wide range of operations.
How chain block works?
A chain block contains a lifting chain, a hand chain and a grabbing hook. The chain block is operated manually as well as electrically. First, the chain block needs to be connected to the load via the grabbing hook. Then when the hand chain is pulled, the chain tightens its grip on the wheel and forms a loop inside the mechanism causing a tension which lifts the load from the ground.
Precautions while using chain block!
- Store and handle chain blocks correctly.
- Always inspect chain blocks and accessories before use and before placing into storage.
- Check that the bottom hook will reach its lowest point without running the chain fully out.
- Adopt safe slinging practices and follow the instructions for the safe use of the equipment used.
- Use undue effort to force the block to operate.
- Allow apply oil or grease to come into contact with the brake.
- Expose a chain block directly to the elements, water spray, steam etc without consulting the supplier.
Saudi Dutest is considered as a leading chain block manufacturer in the market. We are specialized in lifting equipment like chain block, chain slings, wire rope slings, general lifting gears, shackles, webbing slings. Saudi Dutest is committed to providing total satisfaction to our clients, delivering products and services safely, on time and within budget.Tags: chain block manufacturer
Categorised in: Chain Block Manufacturer
This post was written by Admin